PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA licenses?
Thread: FAA licenses?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 04:52
zlocko2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uf...
Boys you lost me somewhere at previous page!

I dont have ICAO ATPL(A)+IR, i have passed theory(written exams) for ATPL(A) and IR through university (14 written exams instead FAA ATP one written exam). I also did conversion course for JAR ATPL(A) theory, so in a future I could do just helicopter differential to get JAR/EASA ATPL(H) theory, or written exams if you prefer.

I know that I need visa and TSA or which ever check, it will be no problem...

I have no intention to do ICAO or JAR IR, it cost fortune! And if i had that I wouldn't do FAA licenses...

I know that I have to renew my ICAO CPL(H), and it will be converted to JAR

So from what i seen looks like i will have to do:

1. renew my ICAO CPL(H) => JAR CPL(H), no big deal
2. get visa and TSA approval, no big deal
3. get FAA medical, no big deal (would they accept JAR ?)
4. do a FAA validation of my JAR CPL(H) => FAA PPL(H), seems not to be big deal
5. written exams (do I have to do all three or just ATP, in JAR/EASA ATPL covers for CPL and IR), couple of hundred of $ and still less than 14 JAR exams and one year of dedicated hard studding
6. To do 3h of training with CFI, probably some more because I am used to fly much bigger helicopter than one schools have. no big deal (unless i need something like 40hours, than I am just a lousy pilot, I hope if I survived so far I am not that bad)
7.Checkride(s) for IR and probably CPL, and then for ATP?

PS. If any of you boy visit Croatia drop me a message, beer, wine or poison of choice will be provided in overwhelming amounts