PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 7th Feb 2012, 01:33
Esprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LUCIE QR
(posted on 4th Sep 2011, 00:50)

Hi guys thought id post a few hints and tips..inside information lol as ive been here for over 2years now.

well firstly..if you dont succeed the first time around..try again. i know many people who attended a few open days, or even had interviews for different airlines etc etc, if you think youve got it..keep trying. they deal with alot of applicants week in week out and its only natural they might miss someone who is suitable.

alot depends on who the interviewers are..what mood there in. there is no set crew, everyone is different. age i would say 21-31 but i know plenty of crew who are older, my flatmate with no prior experience joined when she was 34.

show your qualities as:

1.smiling..genuinely..not fake..
2.being polite and considerate..'thankyou for your time' etc will go a long way.
3.dress well..business like and professional
4.listen, eye contact, facial expressions and body language.
.if there is 1000 plus people you have to make yourself memorable in a good way!!
5.prepare answers..

why do you want to be crew? say things that they want to hear- your friendly, like working in mutli-national teams, enjoy a hospitality based environment but also the responsibility of making sure people are safe..its not all about travelling and earning more money than your current job.

why qatar airways? if you have travelled on another airline, maybe a low cost where they only sell food, say that you would enjoy working for an airline that prides itself on having the highest standards of grooming,service etc. good reputation etc

these things will make you stand out.

how do you know you will like it? maybe in your current job your used to dealing with lots of different types of people or working unsociable hours.

6.practice english writing skills, especially if english isnt your 1st language.

they NEED crew..but obviously they cannot take everyone all at once. try an attend somewhere where not so many people attend..manila, mumbai its all very competitive!

if you do make it through, dont be worried if you dont hear anything for along time. there under a lot of pressure, and things always take a long time at qatar airways. they will tell you either way so until you get a reply try not to think about (although it is difficult i know)

its not the end of the world:
theres other airlines-emirates Teahid etc
you can try as many times as you like
look into going to a low cost domestic get some experience and try again
i know someone who tried 12 times before she got accepted.

ask yourself, is it really for me?the job is not easy, its not easy being away from home, in a different country, working and maybe living people from different backgrounds..whats meant to be will be.

if you get an offer with etihad or emirates, go with one of these instead of qatar but if qatar is your only offer..then take it, come here, see whats its like for yourself, enjoy the new experiences and when you get sick of the rules and politics (it does exist i wont lie to you) then at least you can say youve done it.

ive had 2 great years of meeting loads different types of places and experiences new things. i was so worried before i came as i read lots of negatives, the negatives do exist and it is sometimes hard but you just have to play the game and go along with it.

when you get here..listen to what they say during training...if they say your not supposed to do something..then dont do...or dont do it until you know for sure you can get away it..so many crew throw away the opportunity to travel the world for silly things..

well im not sure if this will be of any help so message me with any questions. i would gladly offer any individual help advice information tips whatever to those of you who are interested.

good luck guys

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wan...ent-ii-97.html