PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas -its started
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2002, 13:47
Sunflower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

I have had my phone interview and now invited to attend stage 2 at PER on 3rd December.

Well done for those I see who seemed to escape the 1st stage and get to stage 2 automatically for whatever reason!

As someone said before in this thread it is good luck in the lottery draw!

I have to work on the 3rd so I telphoned HR Cabin Services in SYD to see if they would be able to give me an alternative date. Quite simply NO was the answer. I would just have to wait for next time they recruit and start the process again. I was also told any email would just be lost in cyberspace.

My point is this. Airlines in the UK such as BA receive the same amount of applications if not more. However, they seem to manage the recruitment process a lot more smoothly. Having different dates and times that can be offered as they understand people do have work committments.

I believed that potential employees were taken on their ability and skill sets. However they seem to be precluding candidates on the grounds that they cannot make the 1 and only interview time allocated. A little unfair in the recuitment process I believe...

Well enough from me and all my best wishes to those who have and havent got interviews. As I always tell myself it is all for a reason.