Thread: jobs go at OATS
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2002, 13:25
PFD
Ground instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hello Everyone

I also am an Instructor (Ground) at Oxford. Yes we did have a company briefing from the new MD. Yes times are tough. Yes the previous MD may have made some mis-informed decisions, however, I have confidence in the new MD as, although he has to turn a profit, he is a holder of an ATPL licence and is current in the industry. After all this is a business not a flying club.

There is room for improvement at all levels, but I for one firmly believe that the present downturn in the industry is short term, that it was inevitable even without Sept 11, and I will as always do my best to ensure that the students I teach learn what they need to know to pass JAA exams.

I cannot answer for anyone else, and will not expand my opinion further. If you want to do ATPL, get the facts from the various schools, ask around the real Pilot world, find out what students think at the various establishments and then make an informed decision. DO NOT base your decision on one bid of criticism or praise in any one forum.

Good luck to all present and future students.