PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Papua New Guinea
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2002, 11:33
Rhumb Line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papua New Guinea

I know that this subject has been done to death but I cant seem to get anything on previous posts. Am currently a JAA Frozen ATPL and am seriously considering flying in PNG. I remember sitting in the High Flyer pub at Bankstown listening in awe to a seasoned veteran of PNG and looking in amazement of his photos. What are the possibilities in places like Lae for either single or multi engine piston work. The Aussies used to say you needed about 1000 hour total time for insurance purposes. Are the stories of flying in valleys covered in cloud and airfields 6000 ft PA true. If so I am there as it sure beats instructing out of Redhill waiting for the UK wx to clear. Also two further questions:- How is the living situation. I would be going as a single bloke, but am more concerned by the violence to Westerners, especially with a greater intolerance of Westerners in recent times. Secondly as well as my JAA CPL/IR I also hold an Aussie CPL with Night Rating dangerous goods etc. i wonder if this would be of any help.

Many thanks guys.