PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jobs go at OATS
Thread: jobs go at OATS
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2002, 06:12
MagCheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford Blue - Thanks for that update. The questions that I have ref the stability of OATS and the future is:

I have very recently been told by current instructors and staff at OATS that only recently did the new CEO hold a meeting in which he plainly pointed out to people, such as your self, (Please excuse the wording but the jist is here) that the situation at Oxford was far from good. That he himself had been given a time frame by BBA and that further cuts were/are likely. As well as this he bought up his views on current contracts, which I will not mention as it's not the place to do so.

I also do not think that this is the place to start spreading rumours about the colapse of a training provider without being completely sure, with all the facts and as far as I can see there are probably only 1 or 2 people at OATS who are fully aware of what the future of OATS is. However be under no illusion that the rumours (That you may want to squash with facts) are that OATS are on slightly shaky ground. You do have to agree though that with the current avaiton industry the way it is, cutting costs where ever possible, training providers will be one of the first to suffer!

As for the IR pass rate. Of course you can play with numbers all you want however the fact is that OATS had a recent review in which it was found that, compared to the national average, OATS was below average. I know that compared with BAE in Spain, OATS are not doing great.

My point was, as the context of the msg stated, that COULD this low IR 1st Pass Rate be, at least partly due to the fact that OATS have 15 or so twins (I think it actually more) and in recent times less than a third of these have been on the flight line ready to fly?

However to conteract the way this msg is going I would like to say that you will notice that I had and still do agree that ground instruction and most of the flying instructors are very good at Oxford. Yet what would interest me is what your view would be on cuts being made from some people at the top at OATS?