PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tenerife
Thread: Tenerife
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2002, 10:59
Dave Gittins

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tenerife

Asked the same question, for the same reason, a few times (look via the search facility for "Tenerife" to find the last one, about 4 weeks ago, and the replies) but sadly despite some people telling me all they know, I haven't got vastly further.

I am told that there is a "Real Aero Club de Tenerife" based at Los Rodeos and that there have been SEPs spotted at TFS. There is apparently a microlight strip near Bahia Del Duque (3 miles NW of Las Americas) but whether there is anything else there is not known. There is a Cessna which flies a banner over the beach at Las Americas and I can't believe that he flies from Los Rodeos every day and suppose he'd be happy to at least do some accompanied flights to supplement the hour a day banner towing - if I could find him.

I have also heard that a "flying school" has opened a shop in Los Cristianos and is plying it's wares, but I don't know any more, nor do I know where they fly from.

I will be in Tenerife from 17 Dec to 10 Jan and likewise want to avaiate. If I find any more before then (esp. about this flying school which hopefully is in the south) I will post again and if you find anything I'll be grateful to hear any more.

Hope you have some success.