PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jobs go at OATS
Thread: jobs go at OATS
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2002, 02:29
MagCheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Moth - I personally think that with things the way they are today you have a valid concern.

Lets just look at the worst case scenario. Say in 3-6 months time BBA turn up and say to the new CEO (who is the only new part of the managerial staff at Oxford)OK you've had your chance but the profits or reduction in losses(which ever is valid) is not happening, so we're closing the school down! Where does that leave the current students/customers who have coughed up, in advance almost £50-55K?

As some one mentioned earlier, how do Oxford feel that they have the right to ask for money in advance when students are having to struggle to get a twin. Could this be why OATS first IR pass rate is low?

greengage - no one is questioning the standards of the instructors, as I well know, when I was there the ground school instructors and a majority of the flying instructors were great! However if I was starting my training now I would have to ask myself what is the likelyhood of OATS surviving the storm?

I agree with you the new CEO, who was the MD when I was there, is very good and seems to be very customer orientated, but is he too late??

As for sim instructors, I know, from being told by my old instructors that some Sim guys have gone. They left in the first batch of cuts. I agree with whoever said it earlier, people should be being cut from the top as this seems to be were most of the problems stem from!