PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA licenses?
Thread: FAA licenses?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2012, 17:55
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. The ICAO CPL and IR could be a problem.
I bet Epiphany had full ATPL already, hence no issue.

I've seen some South African guys having do do their FAA 61.75 validation at FSDO, who only came in to get minimum Puma training done for FAA ATP, a requirement for the Afghanistan or wherever job.

At least AFAIK, you don't need FAA instructor sign-off for the written or checkride, if you manage to get stuff done for the ATP ride. Unlike CPL written or checkride. If you have to do CPL in the end, Dauntless Soft or bit of ground with nearby FAA CFI discussing regs and then signing you off is needed (the online written training websites can provide the sign offs). CFII for IR.

At least you don't need Canadian ATP ride in multipilot helicopter
If you want job in ME, definitely bring full ATP along, for easy upgrade from copilot to PIC without the need to do local theory. That's what I've read around here.

EDIT: guys too fast, already posted most stuff. Nothing says you cannot do more than one checkride in a day (or following day/s) so long you got 'boxes ticked'. You get the CPL validated to FAA PPL (no checkride), get minimum training/familiarisation done, do writtens, schedule checkride.

You wrote you got some 330nm flights in Mi17. Well, it's not just the qualifying LONG xc flight, but also the 500hrs total crosscountry time with the minimum distance, for FAA rating. Airplane time can be credited to an extent as detailed in CFR/FARs.