PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Innocent 747 Pilot Dubbed 'Security risk' sues BA
Old 6th Feb 2012, 12:33
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not impressed in this debate by anyone who has total clarity about what was done and what should have been done.
This stuff is not, and never will be, black and white.
Some years ago, a mate of mine was approached by one of his mates who must have had some contacts in the security service. He was shown a photo of my mate and I with someone who the security bods thought was undesireable. (Neither of us knew about the undesireable person's status as undesireable).
The message was simple.............continue hanging around with undesireables, and we'll take an interest in you.
I'd have been extremely pissed off if a single or small series of meetings with undesireables lead me to lose my job.
However, I made very sure that I followed the advice,even though it was delivered in such a roundabout way.............so I did not lose my job.
I would completely defend my then employer's rights however, to fire me if I had continued hanging around with undesireables.
That's just my point of view. Someone else might take a different point of view.
We are not, and we cannot be, overly principled about this stuff. The nutters who blow people and things up are not principled in the slightest.
And - pleas - stop referring to Islam?moslems as any sort of enemy. They aren't. it is those that use religion as an excuse for politics that are the problem.