PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The worst security and customs ports in AUS
Old 6th Feb 2012, 12:24
bubblyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find Perth is the worst with no consistency with the security staff, especially at international.

I've had to put eggs one by one into individual LAGs bags, sometimes get water bottles I forget confiscated or sometimes they chuck me out and make everything go through again. Plus the whole ETD and then frisk thing really annoys me - can't think of anywhere else where they are so separated so that often you will have to submit to both (and they do pick on crew in Perth).

Same thing with customs with no crew priority after passport control, crew have to line up with passengers and when you get in at certain times with 4 aircraft arrivals at the same time you can be waiting up to an hour which of course is all not paid. All other international airports I have been through in Australia treat crew as a priority.

Australia needs to look at how many airports in Asia treat crew and see if they can model that. Works brilliantly over there... we are there for work, not because we want to be there.