PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetairways-the world's most dodgy airline.please do not join them!!!
Old 6th Feb 2012, 10:44
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize that this thread is dedicated to 9W issues. Without starting another thread, let alone a bunch of flamers... I'm interested to know how Indigo, Spice, India Express compare with 9W.

I realize the communication and response time for information may not be the best as it were at home. But guess what... I ain't home no more! I don't get my knickers in a twist. I just tell the folks that when they have their problems sorted, either email, text or ring me on my mobile and away we go. As the old saying goes… “Same airline but different paint job.”

Pay issues? 9W is not the first airline to be late with pay. And contrary to popular opinions, it ain't the acid test, for a long established carrier with responsible management, indicating its demise. Call it a mid-course correction.

On a serious note, however, an expat must realize that their next rostered flight may be their last one do to operational reorganization or Governmental edicts. While hard to believe, that holds true for EK, Ethihad, Gulf Air and alike. After all, does anyone remember what happened to all of the Japan Airlines' 747 expats? Here yesterday, gone today.

Still all in all, there are far more opportunities and better paying jobs for expats versus in the US and Euroland for example. The parent company for World, and North American Airlines filed for protection. Both parking jets and probably more lads on the street.

Last edited by captjns; 6th Feb 2012 at 10:54.