PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Has BA Got a Deathwish?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2012, 09:03
fincastle84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes they do. They're called managers, off-duty staff, temps, whatever it takes to get things done. If a manager cannot do the job of everyone under his or her control he or she is by definition useless. Planning for such emergencies means practising for them, training the extra staff, whatever it takes to provide a good service. Massive disruptions to flights happen regularly and there is no excuse for not being prepared to deal with them properly.
Out of interest I just called BA. The recorded message states that they're very busy assisting pax who have been delayed/ cancelled by the snow. Anyone with "NON ESSENTIAL" queries are asked to call back in a few days time.

Surely a misplaced eticket comes under the "non essential" category, particularly as I'm not aware that many companies' accounts departments are open over a weekend!!

I hope that we're eventually informed by Capot just how long it takes for the claim to be settled & the procedure BA uses when someone forgetfully loses an eticket.