PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest R22/R44 Blade AD
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2012, 05:59
RobboRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... no, as a matter of fact. It's exactly the same situation as Robinson. If you're in warranty, you're in luck. If you're out of warranty, then (unless there has been a big publicity splash about the problem), you have to live with the failure and pay for the repair.
Well yes and no. As stated before - a defective part recall is regardless of warranty period, and a manufacturing problem that is not a design issue is covered by warranty) In both situations In the auto industry they do the lot - Provide you with the parts, Physically do the replacement and give it back to you in working order.

A few years back I ran into Robinson's policy when one of my R22 blades corroded at the tip (along that same overlap in question) after a few months , even fewer hours of use while kept in a hangar etc etc. and both blades had to be replaced. After eventually providing me with the parts for free, I had to fork out the cost of the transport of the corroded tips and the blade hubs to the states then the cost of the new blades from the states, pay the LAME to install them and as it happened needed a few hours to track & balance all at my cost of some $10,000.

There is no way an auto manufacturer would require you to pay those costs either under warranty or recall. So it's not quite the same as the auto industry.