PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2012, 02:55
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
schweizer2 is correct.

All the guys who knows that this thread exists should be aware that the answers are all within. It is not that the info cannot be PM to you, but after you have gone through the pages, you will be able to make out a trend as well as know quite a bit about the culture, pros and cons and after that, what you DO NOT understand, I am sure many guys will be able to help you.

Basic info - What do you already know about the company. Have you read through the CX website and absorbed all the media releases as well as company fact sheets. Have you googled aviation news updates on CX and its acquisitions and business model, challenges as well as future developments.

Reading and reference material - Books like 'Beyond Lion's Rock, Syd's Pirates, The 49'ers Story provide historical background. Can be ordered on Kindle or hardcopies from amazon.

Technical info - Wikipedia, Aircraft info, HK geography/weather trends and demographics.

Reading and interview prep material - How to ace the pilot interviews. Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators, Fly the wing, How to Fly the Big Jets, Aviation Weather. All these are similarly avail at most pilot stores or Kindle versions and hardcopies.

All the other tests will be based on your experience and education. It ALL well described in the past 100 pages at least. Info from 2010 is more than sufficient.

After you have done all that and STILL have queries, PM me I will be glad to assist.

Cheers