PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin v CX Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 22:19
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
main_dog

As AAIGUY and myself said, the decision by CX to upgrade certain Y class pax in oversold Y class situations is made well before you or I get to the airport. If those pax get to the airport early, i.e. 3 hours before departure when check in usually starts for a flight, they will be given a J class boarding pass. As we all know though it’s not uncommon for no show pax especially in Y class when the flight closes for check in. Unfortunately for us, the upgrades have already occurred, leaving only Y class seats for us. It’s not uncommon to find large discrepancies between the loads on Travel Desk and Cupid. I’m not sure why this is the case but I think it is to do with the times each system is updated. Cupid is updated at 2:00, 6:00, 10:00, 14:00, 18:00 & 22:00 daily. I’m not sure what the times are for Travel Desk but it seems to be about 2 hours difference. Both systems though aren’t live which in my opinion is its biggest pain in the butt. Hopefully iJourney will be live and will actually give us real figures, i.e. seats available whether it be under or over sold. I’m not holding my breath though as this info seems to be treated like secret squirrel stuff and the staff can’t be trusted with it.