PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 20:41
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I don't think its beyold the realms of possibility that the Argentinians might have another go.

Certainly the statement that they are committed to peaceful means only cannot be given any credence. If I were in her shoes I would keep banging on about that right up to the point my forces went into action. Maintenance of surprise and all that.

Do I think they are particularly likely to suceed? No idea. Been out of it for too long. I would have thought that with a little judicious spending, rallying of allies, and the willingness to try some 'irregular methods' they could have a damn good go. It might be a really bad idea, but all it needs is the wrong combination of perceived political capital to be gained and optimistic subordinates.

But that's not really why I have posted. Seems to me the Argentinan government is showing its hand as bullying. I refer to the banning of FI registered vessels from Mercosur ports (and air overflights). Given that we are at peace I do not see how this can be justified.

Accordingly I think we should push back. How about we ban Mercosur registed vessels and aircraft from UK airspace and territorial waters for 48 hours. Let that send a message... do you really want to F*** with us?

This woman is dangerous. Better we bop her on the nose with counter-sanctions than end up having to kill more of the poor sods.

pb