PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hughes 300 Crash. AAIB Report - Is there something fishy going on
Old 27th Nov 2002, 21:35
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis
I thought it was only a matter of time before somebody reacted to your posts, and I'm pleased Hoverman has done so in a restrained manner - more in frustration than anger I think.
For someone who said "I know nothing of the accident in question, I don't work for AAIB or CAA, and have not met any of the people affected by this tragic accident.", you've been remarkably reluctant to accept what people who do know say.

First you suggested that concerns on the part of the families might be holding things up. Possible, but unlikely in view of what Hoverman had already said. When it was pointed out the families were very anxious to have the report published, you suggested a second possibility - 'new facts arising at a late stage'.

When it was pointed out that the families had not been given any explanation of that sort, you put forward your 'cock-up' theory.
I'm still trying to work out the logic of saying "I've seen no sign that anybody who has knowledge, feels there's a good reason for the delay. Hence my favouring the "cock-up" theory." Isn't the point that people with "knowledge" say there is a bad reason?

You say that you did read between the lines but didn't see anything. I don't doubt what you say, but you must be the only one.

You say you were offering an opinion on "general procedure", but this is not a "general" situation. Those who do know what's been going on say the draft report is critical of the CAA, the recommendations relate to the CAA, and it's the CAA that's holding things up.

One thing has been very clear throughout this thread. Everyone trusts and respects the AAIB for it's independence, integrity and the excellent work it does. It's a reputation which must make the CAA just a little envious.

BTW, for what it's worth, I agree the MP route is probably more effective than the Press. I suspect emails from Rotorheads contributors will also help to keep up the pressure.