PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 16:52
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glojo:

Interesting and informed post but surely what you are saying is that as long as they do not respond they will be allowed to simply drive right up to the Falklands and disgorge 6000 troops.

Logically, after all the measures taken including popping shots in front of them, it is quite reasonable to assume that there are few, if any, women and children aboard and when they cross the 12 mile limit it is not at all an unreasonable act to open fire on them. It's a decision I would not hesitate to make because I owe it to the serving men and women on the islands to not allow a superior force to attack them. My duty would not be and my loyalty is not to civilians of another country but to the serving men and women of the British Armed Forces and the civilians they are there to protect. Argentina would be entirely responsible for sending their civilians into harms way to make a political or public relations point and I have zero sympathy whatsoever for those that sent them or those that were sent.