PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Post.. Are there any jobs in this industry?
Old 5th Feb 2012, 16:36
WilkoT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Post.. Are there any jobs in this industry?

Hi,

Im currently a teacher, and have been teaching for a while, and its not something I thoroughly enjoy. I have completed my PPL, and really enjoy flying. So, I thought, why not complete my full training? I have been doing quite a lot of reading but, Im still learning! Ive always liked the idea of being a pilot, but never had the funds to start flying anything until now.

Im considering, completing my full training course (part-time), whilst still at work, and this is obviously (as Im sure you all understand), very expensive. The reason I ask is that I dont know whether its worth me just putting the thousands into my mortgage! Although the thought of completing my flight training really excites me... and the thought of being a qualified pilot even more so... but are there any jobs? Would my fATPL just be sat there collecting dust at the end of it all?

I mean, I am an optimist, but I just want to make sure that its not just money down the drain!