PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Innocent 747 Pilot Dubbed 'Security risk' sues BA
Old 5th Feb 2012, 15:30
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is simply mind boggling how people are prepared to throw away their human rights in the name of 'safety'. Goodbye constitution, hello Orwell!
Whilst that is quite true, its also mind boggling how many people expect that they have a human 'right' to act in whatever manner they please regarldess of the effects to society at large. Whilst there is a huge "rights of the individual vs rights of the society" argument, I beleive that people need to take their position in society seriously. If you want to fly an aircraft and have the security clearance to do so, then you must accept that will place certain restrictions on your life, on what you can say, on whom you can associate with, on which clubs, groups or relgions you can subscribe to.

I'm sure many can argue that this guy (or indeed anyone else) has a right to be a member of whatever organisation he wants, and I'll agree with that, but then he does not have a right to fly an aircraft and / or have whatever job he chooses.