PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair is about to close
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 12:29
EuroWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt he's rubbing his grubby little hands together over the demise of Malev as well.....

Those who fly Ryanair are probably the same sort of people who buy pirated DVDs from car boot sales, or imitation fashion clothing made in soute east Asian sweat shops.

Anyway, commiserations to Spanair staff and customers - I hope a reputable Spanish airline will rise from the ashes
Ignorant stereotyping there. You find all sorts of passengers on Ryanair, from low-budget tourists to the Queen of Spain.

Spanair were hardly Singapore Airlines either. My experiences of them were not particularly impressive; horribly cramped seating on a tired aircraft, indifferent staff and a overpriced Buy-On-Board service consisting of a tasteless sandwich. That's only my experience, it was nothing to complain about but I didn't think they were better value than Ryanair considering the fare paid.

Obviously, it's deeply regrettable that people have lost jobs but many people didn't have a terribly high opinion of the airline's economy class service as it didn't meet other Star Alliance partners in Europe in terms of catering and onboard comfort.