PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin v CX Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 08:19
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
''Dan, have you been to the Cathay staff travel desk at CLK? haha''

Yes. Most recenly 36 hours ago - I'm in the UK right now as a result.

''I wonder what VS (or BA or LH or any other airline) charges ITS employees for the same trip!''

They will probably be the same. These are the standard Interline ZED rates. The ID90 rates will change depending on the airline's pricing policy. The LHR figures are subjuct to UK Air Passenger Duty, which is the highest in the world. A business class ticket from LHR to HKG currently has GBP 150 (HKD 1800) tax payable on departure.

I'm glad to hear the VS staff travel has improved - it was going to be hard for it to get worse. And I've had more of my fair share of grief with it - but at the outports - the LHR and LGW staff were usually great. Problems down route involved being refused access to a flight (even though there were seats available (JFK), being downgraded from J to Y (despite seats being available in J (JFK again) and my wife and her friend being refused access to seats despite the jump seats being allocated (LAS). luckily for them, the Captain and F/O were their husbands and the flight was delayed until they were on!

Last edited by Dan Winterland; 5th Feb 2012 at 08:30.