PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to now? (Widebody)
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 04:09
rogeriouzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same Situation..

Hello!,

Iīm in the same situation, Flying NB in Brazil, 34yrs old, 500hs as PIC in 737NG. I Have same expections as you, to live in another country, another culture, another people, flying heaviest machines, but... when i look back, and try to view my payment in US$, like US$ 10.000 Free Tax(My last payment was more than R$ 17,000 free, and 1 US$ = R$ 1,77), i have to spend some nights thinking about doing the right thing.
Maybe itīs time to increase my experience, and look at the future in another time, why not wait a little..? EK was my dream, BUT nowadays isnīt more, my fiancee was a F/A in Etihad for 2yrs, and she doesnīt agree with the idea of turn back to Middle-East.
Why not wait a little?? KE itīs Commuting Contract.. you have to let your family outside Korea, and itīs not easy to live in Australia, New Zealand or another nice country more than a tourist visa permit, while youīre flying across the world in KE, and be stressed by their pilots!.
Think about.. iīm in the same situation, and i decided to wait a little more, maybe close to world cup, if something interesting happens...