PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Feb 2012, 23:48
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Further to my post on Steve Creedy's story, I have done a little more research and I may need to correct myself. Now I am getting confused.

Jetstar Group's published flight schedule for each subsidiary (Jetstar, Jetstar Asia etc.) lists for example the international flight from Singapore to Melburne as two separate flights. jQ58 flies from Singapore to Darwin and then JQ62 flies from Darwin to Melbourne. Two flights, two flight numbers both operated by Jetstar Australia. Yet this is supposed to be an international flight with a domestic leg? To me it appears like an international flight and then a domestic flight.

So, why then are the cabin crew who work for Jetstar Asia, or rather their crewing company Valueair operating on Jetstar Australia flights? That makes Jetstar Australia, an Australian registered company responsible for employing foreign workers without the right to work for an employer in this country.

BB if I did make an error on my previous post regarding the operator of the Darwin / Melbourne international flight I unreservedly apologise.

But it seems you may be Deeper poopoo now.

More to Follow.....on Monday

The Kelpie