View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 21:31
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GrobQueen wrote:
I have no experience of procedures of promulgating info at Civilian airfields
No **** Sherlock.

And,
Don't you think the Air Force have anything better to do than listen to members of the public whinging about their aircraft (be it fast Jets or Multis) over civvy airfield airspace? I am sure they know what they are doing. I am also sure that the Sqn Ldr Ops, SATCO or Wingco Ops at which ever Station you contact has got enough on his/her plate.
I suggest you ask your local SFSO what could be more important than "whinging" about flight safety. How d'you fancy having some old fart in a puddle jumper blundering through your circuit, not talking to anyone? I'll bet you'd all be oh so grown up about it then.

Like lots of others on here, I learned to fly on an RAF airfield, doing oval circuits, sharing the airspace with Tornados and Grobs. Although we had to cope with the UHF/VHF divide, at least we were all talking/listening to the same local controller.

D.O. Why has this not been reported? Are you waiting for it to happen again?

What if I get killed by the next one, will you report it then?

Where is your range and elevation data coming from?

Somewhere out there is a Herc crew in need of either a bollocking or an apology. The longer this drags on unreported, the harder it will be to establish the truth. What effect do you think this is having on the crew of the Hercules? Do you not think there is enough pressure on aircrew students without this kind of suggestion? Cast your mind back to when you were still learning, would you like all this whispering behind your back?

If they did something wrong, they need to get their arses felt for it, and if not, they need to be allowed to do their job without allegations being stated as if they were facts. The UK Airprox Board at [email protected] will be happy to hear from anyone with information on the subject.