PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 20:17
urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a bit off on the info. Not twice furloughed from the same airline. Furloughed in training the first time, when i decided to come back to the US over 10 years ago. First mistake. Then decided to come back again to what i thought was a "true" legacy airline, (cargo), and got put into a pool. I consider that a furlough. Was willing to start at the bottom of FedEx. Second Mistake. Thank god i didn't wait, for i would have been in the pool for 5 years! Maybe that's my 3rd mistake and should have gone 5 years later but like USMC, i'm chasing the dough. Gun for Hire.

I think the Asian markets are way better than anywhere else. The US pax carriers are all in big trouble, except for Southwest. The only thing worth doing in the US is cargo. When all the international carriers start flying the big metal to more US cities on nonstops, then the US international carriers will be doomed when the US citizens realize how much better the service is with foreign carriers. I'm jumping to China just like everyone else, but realizing i'm taking a risk in doing so. The interview and check were hard enough, but I'm hoping i picked the right company that treats their expats properly.

Last edited by urge; 4th Feb 2012 at 20:25. Reason: correction