PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 15:34
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falkand Island Invasion Inevitable?

I am beginning to come around to believing that there could be an attempted Argentinian invasion of the Falkland Islands.

The Argentinian political system appears to be putting itself in to a situation where there will be no option but to attempt an invasion of the Falklands. I also see that Argentina is building up the Falkland Islands as not being Argentina v The Falkand Islands / The UK, but South America v The UK.

Has President Cristina Kirchner already started the war, via politics? She is certainly bullying the Falkand Islanders, with the assistance of neighbouring countries. There are/ were plans of a "fisherman's invasion", where fisherman plant flags on the Falklands & South Georgia apparently.

Argentina may not have the military might, but then that depends on what has been happening behind the scenes.

The other problem is that if Argentina are seen as the aggressors will they lose out politically? I suspect that in South America they will not. I also suspect that the USA will not care one way or the other politically. Globally how ever how will it be perceived? Most nations, I suspect will be glad that "perfidious Albion" will have been put in its place.

Will the USA provide the UK with any support this time around?