PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of JAA PPL in the UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 14:43
P4UL B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on funding?

Hi everyone

I'm new to joining but been actively searching on the web about getting ppl and if help funding at all. I'm 26years old and ever since young I've wanted to be a fighter pilot in the RAF. Some home events took place that affected me the opportunity to go to uni to join as an officer. This year had been my 1st. Chance to apply for the RAF to find out I missed the entry by 6months. I've been finding it hard to accept and want to be a pilot so bad. Commercial pilot one day. The problem I'm having is funding even the beginning of training for ppl to then get the opportunity to be a full commercial license. The RAF would have funded my training. I work full time to survive and pay bills and want a better life.

Everyone on here is giving advice on the process but can I ask how you all funded your training please. I don't come from a comfortable background enough to allow me to just. Change what I'm doing and front all the money to become a pilot. Is there any way I can get the opportunity and what age do most you guys start or doesn't it matter?

Hope someone can help

Thanks