PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Has BA Got a Deathwish?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 14:33
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Has BA Got a Deathwish?

I have lost an eticket which I need to support an expenses invoice, and it has disappeared from my emails. My fault, I'm sure, but let's see if BA can help with a copy. A session on the BA website tells me that I cannot access the booking record post-flight.

So I ring BA reservation and ticketing enquiries today at 2.30 or so. I select Option 5, "all other enquiries", as the best fit for my enquiry. I could at this point be a customer wanting to ask about a round-the-world 1st Class reservation for a family. I get short shrift from BA; a female voice, in a tone of admonishment for calling at all, says "Due to the high volume of enquiries we are very busy, we suggest you use our website." Click. I'm paraphrasing, but not much. That auto-response, used 24/7 now by so many companies (and HMRC) as a means of demonstrating their contempt for their customers, is possibly the most irritating of all the irritations committed by call-centres.

"I've just spent 30 minutes getting nowhere on your effin website, you moron, that's the reason I'm now watching my life ebb away on your call-centre."

I then try Option 4, "enquires about a flight you have taken". After making a further menu selection, I am briskly informed that BA is closed. Click.

I simply cannot understand why BA regards itself as a global business. I would like to meet the overpaid idiot who thinks that this is a good way to treat potential customers. I am not one of those (in this instance), but I might have been, and if so I would by now have gone elsewhere.