PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you love about flying?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 09:47
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a small boy I used to pedal across the valley to EN & watch planes from the observation deck for hrs. Wander up & down the flight line of lighties dreaming, going unchallenged I might add..........ahhh the good 'ole days!That was my first mistake getting too close to those infernal machines!
Planes used to fly right over my house whilst I sat atop my dads wood shed with saucer sized eyes, second mistake as dad used to belt me for getting up there in the first place ! I played with toy planes as far back as I can remember (still do) as my sister wouldn't let me join in with the 3 girls next door playing 'house',third mistake as I could have got my fingers burnt before I became a pilot!!
Finally when I grew up (debatable I know!) I got a pilots license having worked in & around planes & for many many years aviation ruled my life, not anymore though. Oh I still enjoy flying hope I always do but it's just a job these days that happens to be still connected to that boy that's still in me dreaming all those years ago!

Wmk2