PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malev goes bust!
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 05:10
Jagohu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just think along the lines - what is it called "rescue operation" by RYR if not the long-awaited offensive against Wizzair?
Finally they can get into one of the Wizz bases (and be welcome there!) and start to operate the SAME routes (BUD-EHN, BUD-CRL, etc.) like Wizz - for sure on an initially lower price, but then... Guess what...

Don't get me wrong I do support competition and in general I have no problems with RYR, but I hope Wizzair will stay in the business for long beside them.

Also - since Malev is bust the Hungarian government (of which you've heard more than enough lately, I'm sure) doesn't have to PAY the penalties to the European Commission due to the support of Malev (and we talk about some big bucks here) - so - just think - we had a national airline with the government as major shareholder... They probably said: to the heck with it, we can spare some money by putting it down, we don't have to support it and we don't have to pay the penalty to the EC - win-win for them, but as normal they don't give a **** about the people involved.
It's not the fact that Malev went bust, it's the way it did. Oh, and for those of you who don't know, the head of Wizzair was a Malev CEO once upon a time - he has managed to get down the annual losses by 60 percent in one year and he got fired - then he went and founded Wizzair...