PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2012, 04:14
urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USMCProbe,

I"m NOT doing the CCQ program. I did that for Korean. (USMCProbe says "KAL doesn't have CCQ). And once again how misinformed you are about KAL because they are one of the first companies if not the first that did the A320 CCQ to A330 program. They started that back in 2007. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!! Where did i ever say i was doing a CCQ for Hainan Airlines?. I had given an update about the CCQ status at Hainan Airlines because YOU said it wasn't approved and good luck to anyone going into Hainan Airlines and hoping they have an airline to work at since CAAC wasn't going to allow it or drag their heels on it. I posted an update in JAN debunking that because the first 5 guys all got approved and passed their CCQ CAAC check rides starting in JAN. I was on the lot before that. So that should settle that issue.

And once again an attack on my flying resume?! Are you kidding me? I already had an extensive flying background from military to commercial to include fast jets (F-4 and F-18) to yes, even turboprops in my past from 22 years ago when i did some test pilot stuff. I flew P-3, E-2, and military King Air so keep jabbing. And those are certified turboprops. Even have a sweringer type.

As for the TC license, that you also tried to make a stab at, it was in reference to someone's else's question which i'm not going into detail to explain; people can read the thread cause too long. Plus I can give advice/input for other topics just like anyone else, so where are you to question me on providing remarks about UPS, FEDEX, or ANA? When i make comments there, I'm providing info that's useful, supported to help out. We all have friends at other airlines or management friends that we relay their true stories to provide some help. Your comments on Chinese Airlines have been mostly derogative and usually do not help the original poster. Your responses are off topic. I try to address a poster's concern directly and it's just two cents worth of info but it's relevant. THAT IS SOMETHING YOU COULD TAKE A NOTE ON!

Once again, amazing when you get questioned on your weak and unsupported statements and proven how wrong you are, that you can't throw in the towel. IT's really pitiful.

REmember, for the new people joining this thread, this all started originally because people like USMCProbe are doing the exact opposite of what these forums are intended for. Everyone has heard the saying how PPrune is nothing but negative stuff all the time and it's the same posters. Well, USMCProbe is one of these people and i'm calling him out like some of the other posters. They go around hijacking posts that are not directly related. Is there some relationship to his posts? Well of course, if you think that the conditions from his airline actually should be applied to every Chinese airline! Those are his comments. He applies his A320 (narrow body) experience and says that's how it's going to be on on the wide body fleet. For all of you new readers to the post, have you read the very first post to this thread? Here it is:

[I][SIZE="5"]Thinking of joining them for their A330/340 fleet.

They offer bases for commuting pilots in a few European and US cities (roster to end and start there... they will try for it to happen they say).

Any latest info on their scheduling policy(is it just a promise...), the atmosphere and attitude towards expats there (if it has improved at all) and any other insiders info will be greatly appreciated. I hear they are pretty desperate.

Its kind of a giant leap to go there from Europe, but the money (they promise) looks good, the fleet routes are good and the situation in Europe (or US) sucks, so I am either there or considering the UAE.

The poster wants to know about A330, not A320. Schedules for wide body, not domestic narrow body. Commuting Bases for the A330. And how Hainan Airlines is treating their pilots, not another one of the 9 airlines under the Hainan Group, but specifically for Hainan Airlines. Do i have to explain that any more?! USMCProbe is way out of line speaking as fact, which might be for his airline, plane, and experience but it has no relevance to what this original poster wanted. He does that, along with the other negative posters, on most of his postings. Now you can listen to what i've said and understand that i'm trying to help the PPrune forum, or you can just lump me in with him. Can't see how when i'm trying to clear up the misconceptions, non relevant materials, and overall negativity. Look, China is not some "end of the rainbow" place. I know that and i'm hoping my experience is 100% positive, but i know there is a risk to coming to this country and airline but it was well-researched not just by forums, but personal contact within the company with multiple people with varying years in the company, on type, and overall contract experience. To be fair, i'm not saying that what USMCProbe and other negative posters are wrong. In fact, i listen very carefully to what they say and do take notes because they aren't posting lies. I believe in them, but you have to apply it to your airline. If you are thinking of going to their airlines or flying their fleet, then you should listen carefully to what he and the others say. In fact, their postings helped me shy away from going back to the A320 because i know about the domestic issues with pollution, poor hotels, bad scheduling.... (they speak the truth). This isn't a "he said, she said" thing. This is about posting in the correct places, relevant material. This case is closed for me. (Except that i will update my personal experience for those thinking of coming here with relevant facts while i'm here).

Last edited by urge; 4th Feb 2012 at 04:43. Reason: Added Info