PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 22:05
urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By USMCProbe:
Hey Urge;
Since you have only been there a month or two, and are not even on line yet, how would you have such in-depth knowledge of a company that you don't yet work for? Sounds about as knowledgeable as your narrow-vs-widebody rants.

Quite ironic that USMCProbe is questioning my in-depth knowledge of Hainan Airlines because I've only been there for a month or two, but USMCProbe has NEVER worked at Hainan Airlines!!! He thinks he is an expert because he has worked at another Hainan Group airline, and thinks all of the 10 companies are run exactly the same. (How can anyone take this guy seriously after a comment like that???!!!). I get my knowledge from guys that are working there right now that have supplied me tons of help for training, on their flight schedules, on dealing with the company, and pay and many other issues. I've talked to each foreign community that is represented there (australians, austrians, belgians, spanish, taiwanese, korean, etc.). I know information about THIS company and could care less about talking on any of the other 9 airline companies or 20 other non-aviation companies that the Hainan Group owns. That's the difference here: USMCProbe and others that have never flown at this company, only harp about their experience working for another company and try to apply for all Chinese airlines. Heck, why don't you apply it to all Asian airlines, if you are going to generalize. Why don't you apply the asian way to just all asians, living in asia or not, while you are at it.

And USMCProbe attacks me on my rebuttals about widebody vs narrowbody differences. Let's see, this post was about widebody, and his posting is about narrowbody and how miserable that is flying that, but wants to apply that to widebody flying where the pilots spend more than 1/2 their flying time outside of China. In fact many of them spend over 75% of their time outside of China. How do i know? Well, i was given the FEB roster for every CAP that works at Hainan Air that flies the A330, A340, and B767. But what do I know, i only work there and have flown Widebodies for considerable amount of time for another asian carrier and for a non-asian carrier. In fact my last asian carrier, i only did one domestic flight on average, every 6 months and was staying at top resorts/hotels on 5 different continents. Not sure how all the postings by USMCProbe and his other bitter cohorts on the A320 apply when you aren't staying at smaller cities in China, and dealing with all of their complaints about food, pollution, and scheduling.

PooPoo me all you want, but my postings relate to what's being specifically asked about and i don't go around generalizing saying what happens at my company is or will happen at yours! I'm not drinking any Kool Aid here. I know some guys personallly that have gotten a bad deal at some Chinese airlines and it was the company's fault, not theirs. I know plenty of other stories of other guys from their friends. But those issues pertained usually to narrowbody (A320 and B737 flying) and domestic flying. There IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between narrow and wide and i'm flown both to know. So to appease USMCProbe's attack on my indepth knowledge, can he say he has the required knowledge base like me? I've flown both Boeing and Airbus in both narrow and widebodies, as well as other aircraft. I've flown commercially, privately, and military. F-4s, F-18s, and so on, and i've flown on 5 continents. Sorry if Antarctica and Africa didn't make my list of prerequisites to be "knowledgable".

It's getting really ridiculous hearing from the USMCProbe, Hong Kong Fooey ("be a man and really report what happens"), DualAirBleedFault (a USMCProbe cult follower like the JoePa followers that think he did no wrong), and the other A320 waste-of-space negative posters on everything China. Pilots are known to whine, but usually it's on stuff that really does pertain to all or we make it clear that it's relevant for a specific group. These half-empty guys want to rain on everyone's parade to make themselves feel better. Well my umbrella is open!

Last edited by urge; 3rd Feb 2012 at 22:09. Reason: Added info