PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 21:10
Petet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Danny for your insight into uniforms .... I have been trying to get hold of a copy of the poster / diagram that the RAF displayed on billet walls to show how the kit should be laid out on the bed .... but no luck yet ... but I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will come up trumps..

I have been thinking about "battledress" or "war service dress" and I was thinking that as it could only be worn "on station" then it would not have been issued at ACRC or ITW because, in effect, recruits were always "off station" .... so I thought maybe they were issued when the recruit was posted for Technical Training .... would be interested in feedback on that.

If anyone has any original photographs of irons, hussifs, kit rolls etc that we could include in our documentation on this subject we would love to hear from you. (The document is a dedication to our grandfather who was KIA in 1945, which has grown so big that we are transferring it onto the internet so that it can be used for education and resource purposes [ie there is no commercial gain on our part]

Look forward to further posts .... thanks again