PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malev goes bust!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 16:20
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, was thinking myself that it "died" in a rather dignified, premeditated fashion , been expected for at least a week. Useful indeed to avoid some looming "costs".

When something doesn't smell right. . . well you know the saying, looks like, smells like, probably is.

Edited to say, most of the Ryanair "bashing" is rather in the form of warnings to those perhaps about to partake of the Irish punt, to see both sides of the coin. If you had the pleasure to work for our Mr O' Leary you would understand the wisdom of that.

Strangely enough, I fail to see why cutting everything down to rock bottom benefits anyone other than the shareholders in companies like Ryanair, except in the short term it takes to achieve their ultimate goal. . . which is,
once Micky has seen the last dinosaur fall, & has stopped making most of his money selling 6 year old Boeings for more than he paid for them, as future expansion has stalled due to European financial meltdown, do you really foresee that he will continue to sell you tickets for tuppence halfpenny any more ? or can't you see where this will end up ? Rising air fares, crummy service, crummy working conditions, & still big profits, where do you, the customer, or me, the employee, benefit here in the long term. Think Wallmart.

The industry, both from an employment, & customer experience point of view, has been "changed" irrevocably due to Ryan /Easy/Wizz.
Whether it has been "improved" ( & whether it could/should be in a different fashion in the future) is a discussion that is too long for this thread.
Anyone employed in aviation can see, every legacy carrier that founders is merely another nail in the coffin for decent T's & C's.
Anyone celebrating it, cannot see the wood for the trees, or is looking in from the outside & therefore doesn't really have a dog in this fight.

Last edited by captplaystation; 3rd Feb 2012 at 16:41.