PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 13:39
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homo Ludens

I am on the 320 fleet. Please don't feel sorry for me. If and when I want to leave, I have a far more better chance of getting another job than I would had I been on the 777.

Chances of a command upgrade for me is far better on the 320 fleet than it is on the 777, so sometimes being on the 320 fleet is maybe a good thing, depends on what you want in life.

Spit15

How people feel about being here in and being on the 320 fleet depends on where you have come from. If you have moved up in size of aircraft, maybe you are making your career strategy better. Maybe job security is better here than from where you have come. Maybe the money income here is far better than in the home country you have come from. Many airlines around the globe are now going bust. Spanair last week, Malev this week. Although what you have said is correct, nobody is stopping anyone from leaving and as as long as the job is getting done and is legal, no one cares. All anyone has to do here is hand in their notice and in just over 90 days time, you're out of here. Depends on each ones circumstances and what you want in life. If you could go and work for any airline in the world, who would it be with. And this answer will differ from person to person depending on their circumstances and age, so your view may not be necessarily what others will think. I take it you're very unhappy here and I am sorry you feel that way. Many others feel the same way as you and I hope that sooner or later you and others find that golden job and manage to move on.

Head in sand ? Depends what is going around in one's head and what your reason is for being here.

As for working here, Use them as they use you, once complete, move on if you're not happy.

Not everyone is unhappy. Some love, some hate it. Depends who you are and if you miss home or family.

Last edited by Black Pudding; 3rd Feb 2012 at 15:23.