PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A massive, MASSIVE favour!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 13:10
Flock1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies everthing. And it seems I've opened a hornet's nest!

It seems I am exceedingly naive when it comes to the rules of copyright and using photos. For that I can only apologise. I had no idea of these other methods of using photos that some of you mention.

Basically, I have written a lengthy story about my quest to become a Private Pilot. I sent it off to a publisher who replied that they are interested. They asked for the text (which included quite a few photos I took whilst doing my PPL - e.g. one is me on final Runway 32 at LBA. Another is me overhead Eccup Reservoir, etc etc.) The publisher replied saying they liked it and then mulled over things for a while. Now they say they are ready to send me a contract and then they'll need my text and photos.

And this is the problem I face. Of the 40 or so photos in the original text (that I took myself) about 3/4 are of such a low resolution that they are unusable.

Now the publisher might be happy with the few that are okay, but I thought I'd try on here to get some more. Foolishly it seems.

So there you are. Hope this makes more sense now. I am not trying to rip people off or attempting to get one over on a professional photographer. I just thought that someone might have an old photo of say, Gamston Contol Tower, and let me have it.

I now realise that this is not even fair to ask...but I still am (only very quietly this time...!)

2Sheds - Thanks for the spelling of Teesside, there really was no excuse for my spelling in the original post.

Flybymike - As an infant I had unnaturally huge testicles!

Lagentium - Any thing you can spare will be most welcome.

Magpienja - Thanks. Any pics would be welcome.

Stephen F - Your photos look great.

Thanks

Flock1