PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Mod 1 much harder than Mod2?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2002, 12:10
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just completed frame 7 of Mod 2 - The progress tests will be on their way to Anouska in the next 5 minutes I personally feel that both modules are similar in their level of difficulty. It is generally held that Mod 1 involves more in terms of mentally understanding concepts and calculating things, whilst Mod 2 is more heavily weighted in terms of learning weighty tomes of information - although in reality of course there is a mixture of both in both the modules. I am finding Performance and Principles of Flight a bit of a ****** at the moment, but recall having similar moments on Mod 1 and it all still fell into place eventually.

Just keep plodding on. I have heard it said that the Mod 2 brush up is easier than the Mod 1 brush up although once again I suspect that has a lot to do with the kind of learning and thinking that you are more adept at. Before starting all of this I would have put myself in the 'better at remembering facts' camp - but sometimes now find myself thinking that maybe just learning principles that need to be applied to situations is preferable.

Good Luck.