PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really worth being a helicopter pilot now?
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 10:28
Rdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Wow, I'm astonished by the huge amount of responses and views.

Thanks everyone, Thank you all so very very much! All of you made things alot clearer for me. Aswell I've shared this thread to almost everyone I know interested so more people can benefit from this!

In regards to doing something else before helicopters, Sure have. I'm starting a Pre uni course in YR12 now for small business, then after that I'm going to do a 3 year course in Business/IT in Uni. (all paid by the Australian government! )

But I know for sure flying helicopters will always beat owning a business. My DREAM is to fly helicopters for tourists in snow covered areas. Like dropping off the pros at the summit of a mountain. Or simply flying tourist around, surrounded by those graceful white giants.

I now understand it is going to be tuff getting there. But I would do anything to talk to somebody who has experience in this type of flying. Asking how can I get there? whats something you would do instead to make it getting there easier? How much experience is requited? and is it good enough pay to just have the single job?

To answer some more questions, I am a hangar rat for helibiz (the largest helicopter training company cold coast)

So yes, I'm certainly going to go through with this! At least I know what I'm going to be hit with, and now I have ALOT of great ideas and tactics to help me more so.

and again, thank you guys so much. As I've learnt so much!