PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Vs Airwork
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 01:57
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Optometrist....travels around checks peoples eyes, prescribes new glasses. The glasses come later...so no trade.

Doctors, GP travels around, gives you a flu shot..... Hang on carried goods which is now jabbed in your arm, and his bill is $70 consultation and $30 for the vaccine.

Vet.....preg testing cows......ArmUpACowsBum might be able to comment here, but thats no problem. But while he is there a cow has a dose of three day.....out comes the big needle... goods
None of these would be classified as goods, they are all part of the medical service and are not available as general trade to the public.

If however a country doctor was using his aircraft to fly to the city, purchase wholesale pharmaceuticals and then fly them home to sell in his own pharmacy or shop to the general public, that would be commercial transport of goods for sale.

* I think there have been a few flying doctors and vets who flew privately to stations etc to provide services.

No, that's moving goods for someone else, I am happy for that to be a commercial op.
No, the goods have been paid to transport by truck, they are the truck operators goods whilst they are en-route and they are not intended for sale by the truck operator. If the fish monger can move his fish by air to the market, why cant i move some of my trucked goods by air to a depot.

Lets go real extreme then and say you were a major fruit producer, why not buy your own 30 year old 747 Freighter and operate it privately to transport your fresh produce to the city. Operate it on condition, just fly VFR with CPLs for hour building, bet they'd love the oportunity. Your fruit your plane, by the arguments here it should be a private operation. Just because the products are smaller in quantity and fit in smaller aircraft, why should the rules change.

Last edited by 43Inches; 3rd Feb 2012 at 02:12.