PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 23:27
sk8erboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone keeps saying "it's not my fault the deal changed".

Sadly it is, the contract if you could call it that is weighted so far in the favour of Crafty Thieving ( insert your own last word) that anything could happen. And for those just embarking on probably the worlds most expensive flying training should alarm bells not be ringing that it will most probably change again?

I wonder how low it could go? Personally I'd be willing to say that they could make these idiots work for free for three years and there would be lines of little sheep queuing up.

For those justifying it by saying they still get to fly a jet. You can justify anything if you try hard enough. But you are still being bent over and financially screwed just to sit in the RHS of a jet. Your job is worth a lot more than you are getting. And you will never see the terms and conditions at Easyjet you would have received had you all just said no.

I'm glad someone mentioned Colgan. There will be an incident, hopefully very minor, but there will be one caused by the complete lack of experience in the RHS and the extra workload it creates for guys who didn't sign up to be LTC's but sadly spend half their roster being one.

'Back in the day' TP guys spent 3 or 4 years max on decent cash, more than 35k once in the LHs, having fun and learning how to fly. I love the way this is dismissed out of turn as an unnecessary inconvenience. they had a debt of 35k max. They never paid for a TR through their career and were paid full salary from day one at every company. This was only 6 or 7 years ago. What do you think your easyjet CTC job has cost then in real money. I dread to think. a very quick estimate is £150k more than the TP guy in the first 5 years. When he/she would then be joining ezy on full SFO salary.

And yet I met a girl last week who is embarking on the CTC dream! On daddy's ticket too.

Our dictator friend is very correct too. With Europe on its way down the pan would you really want to be last in at an airline with a lot of exposure to France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. Not to mention the UK? Couple that with a major shareholder, arguably the most prolific, determined to unseat the board and stop expansion.

Lube up folks!