PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Night At YPPH - 'EASTERLIES"....
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 23:08
nitpicker330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Direct no speed and Sequencer:-- Is that the best you can come up with fellas? really?

Its not just the wanna bees that have scanners and sit beside the runway watching. I've been employed by 3 different Airlines up the pointy end for nearly 30 years and take a keen interest in all things Aviation. If that means sitting beside the runway in LHR with a scanner on my LHR layovers then so be it. Over 30 years I've made a point of visiting MEL, SYD, OOL, BNE, ROK, PER, HKG, LAX, SEA Towers and Area/App centres many times and have a few friends that are ATCO's. Not to mention attending the last ATC/Airline Pilot evening at MEL ATC centre 2 years ago. Didn't see you there? How many times have you travelled in a jump seat to see it from our perspective?

So keep your smart comments to yourself please, as a frequent end user I'm very well qualified to comment on ATC and the job they do.

Maybe ask some of those x EGLL ATCO's how they did it in LHR and LEARN from their experience instead of belittling people here.

Last edited by nitpicker330; 2nd Feb 2012 at 23:24.