PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Canberra book contributor request
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 21:17
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longer Ron, I have to admit, I am a little confused myself as to why the Nav would have been pushing any switch himself to exit the aircraft, other than following the pilot/instructor out of the normal crew entrance door. Was it just a complete cock-up on the observer's part or am I mis-reading something here? Good story nonetheless and thanks for the B.2(T) details, I bet not that many folk know that!

Like your comment on the lack of 'standardisation' on any one variant's cockpit - shows how long the old girl had served for and the number of masters Cans served. You hear the anecdote that the second they left the manufacturer and got on a Sqn that they were no longer 'standard.' Makes them all that more fun in my opinion (easy to say never having had to work or fly on one).

Paddy, thanks for your offer, I will duly send PM shortly. I have some good questions for you then based off that brief list!

To all:

While any and all Canberra related stories are greatly welcomed, I am now looking for the following specific areas of background:

-Anyone with experience on the T.22, preferably flying, but servicing fine.

-As above, but with the interdictor versions - B(I).8/12 B(I).6 and the foreign export versions.

-Paddy (Tinribs) has mentioned RAE flying - we all know the famous 'Raspberry Ripple' Canberras and anyone who was there over these years I would love to hear from you.

-Again, anyone with time spent either training or doing detachments with a non-RAF Canberra operator.

Last edited by nazca_steve; 2nd Feb 2012 at 21:31.