PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 21:00
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes EI-BUD/easyflyer83, I probably did not express exactly what I wanted to say. Targeting business passengers is a normal strategy and makes sense I agree with you, however, they will never do that with this ridiculous fully flex offer. CEO is trying to make a big fuzz about it while she embarrasly had to reconise that they sold only a few of them (quite frankly, who would be surprised?).

About assigned seats, Southwest, which yield is easyJet dream, has not assigned seat and is very popular for business paxs. Because easyJet is not run by airline people and don't have a marketing approach (keep it simple!), they don't really know what is important to have or not. When you think they still don't have frequent flyer program (i know they have nectar but quite different). Still remember A.Harrison asked one day why U2 had no FFP, he replied than it was not the model, then the journalist said it was as most LCC had one (LUV, Virgin, vueling etc) which looks to really surprised him - ...

Whatever they do, I still think they will never achieve more than 20%/22% corporate share split, they have too many others issues (too high LFs, no FFP, no lounge/poor terminals etc) and my point was to say that the new Flex ticket (not even refundable) is a ridiculous tentative to do so

@captain_caveman: you are actually wrong. It's been more than 6 years now that easyJet says they want to achieve 20% biz split (and I don't understand why every new CEO is trying to say this is their new brillant idea) and the % is actually going down (not in actual terms of course as their capacities grow) from roughly 19/20% to 17/18%.

Main reason for their good quarter is of course the snow (but that doesn't explain relative performances vs. others airline), but above all Ryanair capacities decrease (U2 is the first to benefit from it) or some markets more favourable conditions (eg. Milan, Basel, UK domestics) or competitors inactivity (eg. France). I hardly see any market where competition increase (except maybe Madrid).

Despite good results, I personally believe McCall is not doing a good job. No new good innovation at all since she's there, no decision on fleet replanning (while max and neos availability now very far away), poor relation with Stelios, no communication/media activity, big fees in army of consultants as she has no understanding of the business whatsoever, and she still arrives with her chauffeur! (at least MOL does it for a reason)