PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting....Texas Style!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 20:33
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks eddie 1, most entertaining. Note the Owen gun photo just before the Thompson. always wanted to own one of them.

The gun buy back certainly got rid of a lot of hardware, my own special Springfield, two SKB semi auto shotguns and a couple of other smaller automatics for one, but recently there has been media reports of there being more guns than ever in parts of New South Wales and Victoria, so the fascination with firearms prevails.

We try to make sure the feral dogs, err-all but protected and prolific dingos, that chew our calves gleefully don't get far when sighted with my varmit barrelled .243.

Lucijet is the one poison that will remove large quatities of hogs quick time. All's needed is a cement mixer and a heap of second grade peanuts.

mtoroshanga,
you remind me of some of the most humourous times during the big shoot outs of the BTEC campaign, which was tranquilising and collaring cows (or bulls early on) as judas cows. Getting that dope load right was very entertaining if the doped cow wasn't quite out to it and woke up duing the process with a most unfriendly attitude with a mob of us standing around her and the nearest tree quite a sprint away.
tet