PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Independence
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 19:48
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seldomfitforpurpose
Now now Rab if you had read and digested the whole post

"Salmond is anything but bloody stupid, hence the sudden arrival of this bloody Devo Max thing. It should be a straight in or out question but I suspect we south of the border need to stand by to bend over and take it up the tail pipe "

you will struggle to find, as is the case through out this thread where I suggest the Scots cannot go it alone. My thought is that the sudden, but no doubt well planned introduction of the Devo Max thing is where we south of the border are going to get hooped
Now to be fair Seldom, with exception to the Daily Mail and the Westminster elite, Devo Max is new in name only. The concept of progressive development of the authority of the Scottish parliament was an intrinsic element of the devolution settlement. In fact, it has been part of the received civic debate in Scotland for the past 10 years. There are more than a few elements of the UK establishment that have come to this debate somewhat late and are playing catch up. In truth, playing catch up, understanding the debate as it is understood by the entitled electoral franchise in Scotland, remains Cameron’s greatest challenge. Hopefully, he will make better progress than the Daily Mail is likely to make.

Rab,

Interesting post, thanks for sharing. One wonders if the true picture re financial viability, without interference from either side, will ever be disclosed. I guess I'm being naive but I find it so bloody frustrating trying to cut through all the deception and trivia. Ho hum.