PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:35
Spit15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Speedhold....

I would.. under any other circumstances... But unfortunately with this bunch, people get fired for divulging truths. And it is not beyond the realms of the company's paranoia to dupe people on here to try and ascertain individuals identities. So am afraid... I will remain anonymous.com. That means I cannot post my roster. Sorry. Take it from me though, all the -ves you read are close to the mark... the only +ve I can see is the chance for non rated guys (so I hear) to get a rating, and bag a few buckets of cash if you live wisely whilst here.

My roster for this month is 92 flight duty hours, and 140 + duty hours. with 7 days off. Half of the duties start after 8pm and go through to the morning, with close to min rest during the day before reporting for anther night. They say they only roster 3 nights in a row... but they get around that by scheduling a chocks on at 2359... add half an hour for post duty, and another half an hour for holding, waiting for crew transport and the drive back to the check-in/out building, and it's 0100 before you have even left the airport, then 30 mins to get home... and hour to unwind .. and finally get to bed by 0230 if you are lucky. So they split two strings of nights by one of these duties and you are Legal... and according to them... sufficiently rested...

On the plus side... if you are looking for a fast track divorce.. this is the place to accelerate the process!!!