PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Night At YPPH - 'EASTERLIES"....
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:23
Icarus2001

Received 247 Likes on 107 Posts
how does the 24 departure get to the threshold? Cross 21, another chance for pilots to take their sweet time, doodling along
So if 21 is in use, how do you think you can get them lining up at 24??
All I see are people looking for ways it cannot change and that is why it cannot change. I bet you hate daylight saving and Sunday trading too.

Does every aircraft need 3444 metres to take off on 21? No of course not. So a roll forward procedure with an increased line up allowance for RTOW charts could work with aircraft off W or B passing behind any lined up traffic waiting on 21 for the preceding airborne aircraft to clear. Some operators already use RTOW figures for a D departure when using full length on 21 thereby negating a slower line up and standing start requirement. So as not to upset the tower by " taking their sweet time, doodling along"

Yet another way... since D departures are apready waiting why can't they cross over 21 there and up C and W to 24?

Anyway I'll stop now as you already have made up your minds it cannot be done and anyone who says differently doesn't know what they are talking about. Truly disappointing.