PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Vs Airwork
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 12:37
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
gosh!... heck!... sorry

Using my aircraft in a business... not paying passengers /charter, and Im stealing some poor CPLs job. Give me a break. CASA as some dopey employment agency said I had to employ one... and any CPL that I might find did not, and would not have had the skills for my particular business...of which the flying was the idiot simple bit.
Thats an old CASA logic, if it flys then a CPL must be in the left hand seat.
Because really PPLs are second class citizens and dangerous.

Many business owners and coporations run sophisticated aircraft, and can be with a PIC PPL as its an 'in house'/ pvt operation.

In the case of the dumb CASA person letter the crab carrier was a charter operator anyway, and transporting sea food was only one mission of many others in the business, people hauling as well.

I am aware of CPL 'twits' flying commercial ops for free, to clock up the hours...thieving buggers, dont they know they're stealing some other CPLs job.

Yes, indeed. where to draw the line? I always thought it was fare paying passengers, and those that live beneath the airways, so the chorus goes.

CASA has had decades in which to pull its collective head out of its ar$e and sort something out ... but here we are in century 21 still battling on with the clusterfcuk which is 206. And the example of the AI business, that doesnt use an aeroplane, is a sad indication of that and how CASA has crippled GA.

And I'll leave you with this sobering statistic: over the period CASA was pissing away mega dollars chasing a PPL around the GAFA, in North Queensland over that same period there were 7 light GA charter accidents and 21 fatalities.
So you can see that CASA really do have their hand on something... and its not "safety".